The Canadian Stewardship Services Alliance Inc. (CSSA) represents the recycling interests of Canadian businesses, creating convenient, clever, environmentally sustainable ways for consumers to dispose of the paper, packaging and products these businesses create—from newspapers to glass, metals to plastics.
We are a national, non-profit organization, founded by leading retailers and manufacturers, bringing together key players to achieve better recycling performance. We’re industry-led and industry-funded, working on behalf of Canadian businesses that participate in stewardship programs, as well as partnering with provincial stewardship organizations, provincial governments, local governments and waste management companies to provide recycling and waste management services, and leading expertise to nearly 20 million Canadians.
CSSA’s five stewardship programs across the country include:
- MMBC Packaging and Printed Paper Program
- MMSW Household Packaging and Paper Program
- MMSM Packaging and Printed Paper Program
- Stewardship Ontario Packaging and Printed Paper Program
- Stewardship Ontario Municipal Hazardous or Special Waste Program