Stewards registered with Recycle BC, MMSW, MMSM and Stewardship Ontario are required to submit reports on the WeRecycle Portal by May 31 for the packaging and paper product (PPP) supplied in each province. A range of resources is available below to assist and guide stewards in collecting and accurately reporting their PPP data.
Steward feedback on resources is welcome and National Steward Services is ready to help with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-980-9549.
2019 Guidebook for Stewards
Reporting Overview Tutorial
- 2019 Rules & Policies – A number of mostly minor changes have been made to some existing policies and there have also been minor changes to the Rules for Stewardship Ontario and MMSM, along with the Membership Agreements for Recycle BC and MMSW
- Deductions Form – Stewards claiming permitted deductions in their 2019 reports must complete the Deductions Form and submit it with their reports on the WeRecycle Portal.
Preparing Your Report
- How to Answer Obligation Questions – Factors to consider when answering stewardship obligation question
- Steward Lists – Lists make it easier for retailers and other first importers to identify which suppliers’ PPP to include or exclude from their reports.
- Material Guidance
- R2R Checklist – Summary of eight items that all stewards should consider before they begin entering reporting data in the WeRecycle Portal.
- 2019 Material Fee Rates: Schedules for all programs and low-volume/flat fees for BC and SK are available in the Report to Stewards.
Using the WeRecycle Portal
- WeRecycle Portal – CSSA operates the Portal to provide stewards a single online registration and reporting destination for PPP programs in BC, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.
- Portal User Guide – From configuring your browser to printing completed reports, the Guide provides detailed, step-by-step information for Portal users. Identifies what’s new in the Portal for 2019.
- Primary Contact Authorization Forms – All Portal registrations must identify a Primary Contact, who is the only person who can submit final reports. Primary Contacts for new accounts must be appointed by a senior officer within each steward’s organization and changes to Primary Contacts must be authorized by a senior officer using one of the Primary Contact Authorization Forms.
Ready to Report Webinars
There were reporting webinars on February 26 and 27 —the first is designed for new reporters and the second for more experienced reporters. However, stewards could choose to attend either or both webinars.
- Tuesday, February 26 – New reporters