To assist stewards disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 reporting deadline was extended to July 31 (from the normal May 31 date). More information is available here.
Stewards registered with Recycle BC, MMSW, MMSM and Stewardship Ontario are required to submit reports on the upgraded WeRecycle Portal by May 31 for the packaging and paper product (PPP) supplied in each province. A range of resources is available below to assist and guide stewards in collecting and accurately reporting their PPP data.
Steward feedback on resources is welcome and National Steward Services is ready to help with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-980-9549.
2020 Guidebook for Stewards
Reporting Overview Tutorial
Using the WeRecycle Portal
- WeRecycle Portal – A technology upgrade to the Portal for 2020 makes the proven, secure reporting platform better and easier to use. More information about the upgrade is available here or go directly to the Portal login.
- Portal User Guide – The PUG provides detailed information for navigating the Portal’s more modern interface to submit your data and complete administrative tasks
Rules, Policies & Forms
- 2020 Rules & Policies – A number of mostly minor changes have been made to some existing policies and there have also been minor changes to the Rules for Stewardship Ontario and MMSM, along with the Membership Agreements for Recycle BC and MMSW.
- Deductions Form – Stewards claiming permitted deductions in their 2020 reports must complete the Deductions Form and submit it with their reports on the WeRecycle Portal.
- Primary Contact Authorization Forms – All Portal registrations must identify a Primary Contact, who is the only person who can submit final reports. Primary Contacts for new accounts must be appointed by a senior officer within each steward’s organization and changes to Primary Contacts must be authorized by a senior officer using one of the Primary Contact Authorization Forms.
Preparing Your Report
- Steward Lists – Lists make it easier for retailers and other first importers to identify which suppliers’ PPP to include or exclude from their reports.
- Material Guidance
- R2R Checklist – Summary of eight items that all stewards should consider before they begin entering reporting data in the WeRecycle Portal.
- 2020 Material Fee Rates: Excel file maps 2020 material fee rates with program material categories in a user-friendly format.
- Reporting Excel Workbook: Template orders each program’s material categories so quantities can be easily transferred to Portal.
Ready to Report Webinars
Reporting webinars were held on February 25 and 26, 2020 — the first was for new reporters and the second for more experienced reporters.
Recordings of the webinars and presentation files are available below. To view a webinar recording, you must register for the event then login. If you had previously registered, you can login in directly using your registration email.