Stewards registered with Recycle BC, MMSW, MMSM and Stewardship Ontario are required to submit reports on the WeRecycle Portal by May 31 for the packaging and paper supplied in each province. A range of resources is available below to assist and guide stewards in collecting and accurately reporting their packaging and paper data.
Steward feedback on resources is welcome and National Steward Services (NSS) is ready to help with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-980-9549.
2021 Guidebook for Stewards
Reporting Overview Tutorial
Using the WeRecycle Portal
- WeRecycle Portal – The Portal is a proven and secure reporting platform. New stewards need to register and be onboarded before submitting reports.
- Portal Support – When logged in to the Portal, direct assistance from the NSS team is available via online chat. Click the “get info” icons to access relevant Guidebook information or use the Reporting Hub for guidance on collecting material data.
- Portal User Guide – The Portal User Guide (PUG) provides detailed information for navigating the Portal’s more modern interface to submit your data and complete administrative tasks.
Rules, Policies & Forms
- 2021 Rules & Policies – A Deduction and Exclusion Policy has been approved for 2021 and minor changes have been made to some existing policies. There have also been minor changes to the Rules for MMSM and Stewardship Ontario, and to the Membership Agreements for Recycle BC and MMSW.
- Forms – All current forms are available at the following link: cssalliance.ca/currentpolicies. Most accept electronic signatures within the PDF.
Preparing Your Report
- Steward Lists – Lists make it easier for retailers and other first importers to identify which suppliers’ packaging and paper to include or exclude from their reports.
- Material Guidance
- R2R Checklist – Summary of items that all stewards should consider before they begin entering reporting data in the WeRecycle Portal.
- 2021 Material Fee Rates: Excel file maps 2021 material fee rates with program material categories in a user-friendly format.
- Reporting Excel Workbook: Template orders each program’s material categories so quantities can be easily transferred to Portal.
Ready to Report Webinars
Reporting webinars are scheduled for February 24 and 25, 2021 — the first is for new reporters and the second for more experienced reporters. All stewards are welcome to attend either or both events.
Both webinars will include Q&A sessions. Stewards are invited to submit questions or suggested topics in advance to email@example.com.
- Wednesday, February 24 — New Reporters
- Thursday, February 25 — Experienced Reporters
Webinar presentations will be available online following each webinar date.