Canadian Stewardship Services Alliance Inc. (CSSA) represents the recycling interests of Canadian businesses, creating convenient, clever, environmentally sustainable ways for consumers to dispose of the paper, packaging and products these businesses create—from newspapers to glass, metals to plastics.
We are a national, not-for-profit organization, founded in 2012 to provide efficient administrative and management services that are common to all stewardship programs including:
- Turnkey compliance solutions for extended producer responsibility programs in Canada.
- ‘One-window’ reporting for stewards according to harmonized administrative rules.
- Call centre support.
- Common IT platform.
- Business data warehouse and analytics support.
- Full financial service support—payables, receivables, reporting, audit support, fee calculations, etc.
- Procurement & supply chain support.
CSSA currently provides services to the following stewardship programs:
- Recycle BC Packaging and Paper Product Program
- MMSW Household Packaging and Paper Program
- MMSM Packaging and Printed Paper Program
- Stewardship Ontario Packaging and Printed Paper Program
- Stewardship Ontario Municipal Hazardous or Special Waste Program
- Automotive Materials Stewardship Program