On behalf of our program partners, CSSA is pleased to share the recently published 2020 Annual Reports. The reports showcase each program’s performance, financials, recycling initiatives and accomplishments over the past year.
Thank you to all our stakeholders for your continued support and particularly your commitment to ensuring the ongoing delivery of recycling services throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to continuing our work together in 2021.
- Over 203,000 tonnes collected in Recycle BC’s packaging and paper product program, resulting in a recovery rate of just over 85%.
- Over 1.86 million BC households in 176 communities had access to Recycle BC services.
- 99% of households had access to recycling services.
- Recycle BC onboarded one additional community for curbside and multi-family service and 11 depots were added to its network.
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions associated with the province-wide recycling activities totaled 53,304 tonnes of CO2.
- Over 40,000 tonnes collected in MMSW’s Waste Packaging and Paper (WPP) program across Saskatchewan, resulting in a recovery rate of 76.5%.
- 6 kilograms per capita collected.
- Residential recycling of WPP was provided to over 85% of Saskatchewan households.
- MMSM celebrated its 10th anniversary as an organization.
- 77,560,321 kilograms of packaging and printed paper were collected.
- 3% of the materials managed by MMSM were recovered.
- 95% of Manitoba’s population has access to a residential recycling program.
- Over 729,000 tonnes of packaging and printed paper recycled, resulting in a 57.3% recycling rate.
- 94% of Ontario households had access to the Blue Box Program.
- Over 4,200 tonnes of MHSW material collected and safely managed.
- Over 2,336 tonnes of used antifreeze and antifreeze containers were collected and recycled.
- Over 3,443 tonnes of used oil containers were collected and recycled.
- Over 7,387 tonnes of used oil filters were collected and recycled.