CSSA’s Annual National Meeting for Stewards of Packaging and Printed Paper Programs in British Columbia, Manitoba and Ontario.
Canadian Stewardship Services Alliance (CSSA) and our family of recycling organizations held its first annual national meeting for stewards of packaging and printed paper programs in British Columbia, Manitoba and Ontario on October 31, 2013.
Materials from the meeting:
- Webinar – click here to view the webinar
- Presentations – click here to view the presentations
- Pre-read document – click here to download the pre-read document containing fees and explanations
- Q&A – click here to download the Q&As from the session
If you have any comments following the steward meeting or after reading the above materials, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20, 2013.
If you have any questions, please email us: email@example.com or call 1-888-980-9549.
At the meeting, stewards heard about:
- CSSA’s harmonization imperative and our progress to date
- Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) program performance metrics for packaging and printed paper
- How the blue box programs in Ontario and Manitoba have performed year-over-year against those metrics, and the factors that are driving system costs for those programs and stewards’ obligations for 2014
- MMBC’s program plan implementation status in BC, what distinguishes it from the other packaging and printed paper programs, expected costs in Year 1 and its members’ obligations for 2014
- The 2014 Material Fee Schedules for Multi-Material British Columbia, Multi-Material Stewardship Manitoba and Stewardship Ontario
- The latest news on the household packaging and paper program in Saskatchewan
- What’s happening in other provinces that have signaled interest in implementing packaging and printed paper EPR programs