Multi-Material Stewardship Western (MMSW) submitted its Waste Packaging and Paper (WPP) Stewardship Plan to the Ministry of Environment on August 2, ahead of the August 6 deadline that was specified in The Household Packaging and Paper Stewardship Program Regulations.
- Waste Packaging and Paper Stewardship Plan, August 1 – Submitted to the Minister of Environment for Review
MMSW will be in touch with stewards shortly to provide more details on next steps about registering with us. Watch your inbox for details.
Revisions to the Plan Resulting from Consultation
As a result of consultation on the draft plan that took place in June, MMSW made revisions to the plan to address stakeholder comments and suggestions. Revisions include:
- Added a reference that up to three steward representatives would sit on the Advisory Committee.
- Adjusted Manitoba program costs, to be used as the surrogate for Saskatchewan program costs for the first two years of implementation, to remove revenue associated with containers that are under deposit in Saskatchewan and that would be returned for deposit rather than be placed into the WPP collection system.
- Added a reference to adjusting for under payments to municipalities.
- Described the methodology used to deduct industrial, commercial and institutional WPP from WPP collected prior to calculating funding for residentially generated WPP.
- Added Section 4.7 proposing a program launch date on the first day of the first quarter that occurs 12 months after the Minister of Environment approves the WPP Stewardship Plan.
- Added definitions of brand, brand owner and first importer to the glossary.