CSSA has created helpful tips for stewards to assist you in preparing your steward reports.
The best practice reporting tips are available and helpful to a broad cross-section of stewards.
Reporting tips for specific industry groups are below. These tips have been created to address the most common questions we receive from stewards and the most common reporting errors. These reporting tips are meant for guidance only and are not considered to be exhaustive but are designed to help stewards identify the correct material subcategory for reporting the most common materials used by businesses in your sector. These tips are most helpful for stewards who use the WeRecycle Material List, however we have included some province-specific guidance in certain areas as well.
We hope these tips will be helpful; please feel free to provide us with feedback so that we can continually improve the support we provide to stewards.
- Apparel & Accessories
- Automotive & Vehicle Manufacturers
- Dairy Products, Milk and Milk Substitute Beverages
- Furniture, Appliances & Electronics
- Horticulture & Agriculture
- Non-Dairy Beverages
- Packaged Foods
- Packaged Perishable Foods (Meat, Eggs & Produce)
- Personal Care & Household Products
- Pet Products
- Small Household Goods (Bedding, Bath & Kitchen)
- Stationary, Paper Products and Office Supplies
- Tobacco Products
RETAILERS / RESTAURANTS
SERVICES / PUBLISHERS
- Government, Government Agencies & Crown Corporations
- Newspapers & Magazines
- Telecommunications, Communications Services & Financial Institutions
- Universities & Colleges