Stewards continue to be satisfied with their CSSA interactions based on responses to a survey conducted earlier this year that largely repeated a similar survey conducted in 2017.
The recent survey was conducted in March and April by an independent research firm. It asked stewards questions about their transactions and experiences with CSSA via various channels (call centre, email) as well as the information and support provided.
More than 6% of the 2,500 stewards contacted provided responses. Survey highlights include:
- 77% of respondents said CSSA had very excellent or somewhat excellent customer service
- 71% rated the ease of doing business with CSSA as very excellent or somewhat excellent
- 64% said the overall quality of program information provided by CSSA was very excellent or somewhat excellent
- 56% said CSSA’s overall performance was the same as or better than other similar organizations
- Scores for reputational attributes were higher for “ethical”, “credible” and “high quality team” compared with “forward looking”, “keeps commitments” and “transparent”.
Contact experience with National Steward Services via email and telephone continues to receive high positive ratings, particularly for timeliness, courtesy and clarity.
Satisfaction with the reporting process is comparatively lower than other forms of contact. Simplified obligation questions, increased program harmonization and more flat fee categories were identified as the top priorities for making reporting easier.
Thanks to all stewards who participated in the survey for their valued input. CSSA intends to repeat the satisfaction survey regularly to better understand and meet steward needs.